Thursday, October 23, 2008

Where Upon I Go AAAAAACKK!

I haven't had a lot of time to do glass over the last week because I am running an artists' exhibition on Saturday and the details have sort of taken over my life. Right now, I have about 50 artists scheduled to show up and I'm still scrambling for prizes and dorky stuff like extra toilet paper and paper towels for the bathrooms and making sure my caterer has everything she needs because she's driving 4 months pregnant all the way from New Jersey to do it.

Usually I really enjoy running stuff like this. I'm a regional arts officer for the non-profit I belong to and these functions are my bread and butter. For some reason though, I really can't get into this one. Maybe it's because of the time of year. I always get depressed in the fall, which is odd because autumn is my very favorite season.

At any rate, this close to the event it can be compared to a rockslide. It's going to happen whether I'm ready for it or not. I only hope that my artist friends are happy with their experience. Wish me luck!

No comments: