Monday, October 27, 2008

A Successful Event

There are times when we take on a task we feel that we will be able to accomplish without flaw. Then life steps in and reminds you that there are no perfect moments, only the hope that we can acheive our goals.

I can tell you that I am a very lucky person. The Art Fair I hosted this weekend went far better than my expectations. Much of this was due to the sponsoring body coming together on the last several days and throwing themselves on the work that needed to be done. I felt almost superficial when the event was determined a success.

One of the highlights for me was the success of the artist who took up my challenge to produce a secular leaded and stained glass window that might have been commissioned for a great house in the 15th or 16th centuries. As a stained glass artist, I know exactly how difficult my challenge was and found that the artist who chose to take me up on it was able to exceed my expectations. She even exceeded her own and was able to produce a piece that everyone who saw it was able to pronounce a gorgeous work of art.

I am proud of the success of my event. The head of our group came up to me afterwards and thanked me for proving him wrong. He never believed that my concept would work, but he did believe that my previous track record made me the best possible person to make it work if it could.

Originally this was going to be a one-off event. However, everyone I have heard from both at the event and since has stated that when we do this next year that they will be there. I am actually considering doing it again. Call me crazy, because it will be hard to top this year's effort. Wish the crazy lady luck!

No comments: