Friday, October 10, 2008

Jogging my Creativity

For the last two weeks, I haven't had much gumption to get out into the shop. Life has been a whirlwind of boy scout meetings, homework and chores after work. By the end of the day, it feels like I've left all my creative instincts behind.

Sometimes the best thing to do in such situations is go with the flow. Forget about trying to force art. It's always a waste of time to go out into the studio when I'm not motivated to try something new or carry out an established plan.

Today, however, I had a great conversation online with a couple of other glassies. We were exchanging tips and tricks and now I have a whole slew of great new ideas to try.

Unfortunately, my husband is catering a wedding tomorrow and my friend Amy is helping him so I will be with my boys and her daughter all day. Instead of going out into the shop, I will be going to a picnic and probably a street fair if there is still time. With luck, I'll still have some energy tomorrow night to go out and get some things done.

No comments: