Thursday, October 9, 2008

On Fear

I got my flu shot today. Actually, I forgot it was flu shot day but fortuitously managed to wear a short sleeve top anyway. My friend who works here is terrified of needles, but hates the flu more so I went with her to distract her from the process. She has nearly passed out before.

This year, my friend did very very well. She got a little pale and shaky, but no nausea or dizziness. I have very proud of her, both for doing so well and for sucking up her fear and getting the shot.

Sometimes we just have to suck up our fear if we want to get what we want. Right now, I need to get out into the shop and create, but I am afraid that I won't come up with anything good. I really need to spend some quality one on one time with my concept book and just go for it. We'll see how it goes this weekend.

No comments: